Jeff Vest is an attorney with over thirty years of estate planning and business planning experience. He specializes in the areas of wills, trusts, estate planning, business law, and real estate. The goal of his client representation is to carefully and wisely determine the needs and objectives of the client, advise the client of the various planning tools available, and prepare the necessary documents to implement the client’s desired plan in the most efficient and cost effective way possible.
Jeff received his Bachelors in Business Administration from the University of Minnesota and his law degree from William Mitchell College of Law. After completing law school, Jeff worked at an estate planning and business law firm in downtown Minneapolis before establishing his own law firm. In 2007, the firm moved to its present location in Brooklyn Park.
Jeff grew up in south Minneapolis. After his marriage, he and his wife moved to Shoreview where they have raised their three children. Jeff played an active role in home-educating their children and in various church and community outreach activities.
Jeff believes the purpose of the practice of law is to serve clients by meeting their needs and fulfilling their goals with the means most advantageous to the client. Jeff places a high priority on building trust and confidence with his clients while providing competent and high quality legal services. With this focus of serving his clients, Jeff’s practice has attracted clients desiring to design estate plans to provide for future needs of their families, minimize taxes, avoid probate, handle the needs and ownership transfer of closely held businesses, assist clients in the administration of estates, and prepare wills, trusts, health care, and other estate planning documents to serve a wide range of client needs. His goal is always to combine knowledge, experience with careful, personal attention to represent clients sensitively, skillfully, creatively, and efficiently.
- University of Minnesota, B.B.A., 1972, with honors
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., 1976
- State of Minnesota, 1976
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota, 1976
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Kingdom Advisors
- National Lawyers Association
- Christian Legal Society
Honors And Certifications
- Named Five Star Estate Planning Attorney℠ by Five Star Professional
- Super Lawyer, selected by Minnesota Law & Politics, Mpls.St.Paul and Twin Cities Business magazines.
- Named by his clients four years as a FIVE STAR: Best in Client Satisfaction Wealth Manager℠ in Minnesota Law & Politics, Mpls.St.Paul and Twin Cities Business magazines.
- Real Property Law Specialist, certified by the Real Property Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association
- Qualified Kingdom Advisor™ by Kingdom Advisors